Full-time job IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING
Department: Reports To: Coroner, Administrator/Chief Investigator
Classification: Unclassified Full-Time
JOB SUMMARY ## Responsible for the performance of a variety of routine and basic clerical and administrative duties which include routine typing, purchasing, and assisting Coroner, Administrator, and senior staff in the performance of clerical duties.
Performs recurring duties independently, however, are given specific instructions for non-routine assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Types a wide variety correspondence and other material from copy, draft, and machine recordings. Computer skills and typing
• Receives, stamps date of receipt, and distributes all incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail
• Records office equipment usage by tabulating total copies made on reproduction equipment; maintains Office records for reporting to appropriate entities
• Performs filing and updating of indexing system for records management and retrieval
• Assists in the Clerical position of the Office activities by tabulating and posting data and typing reports
• Prepares, proofreads, and edits correspondence, reports, and other materials
• Answers incoming telephone calls and routes to appropriate person
• Places orders for supplies and equipment in accordance with instructions
• Assist in the preparation of bi-weekly payroll sheets and affiliated personnel documents
• May operate various office equipment (such as copy machine, calculator) that requires no special knowledge or previous training
• May deliver and pick-up various materials
• Organizes and maintains file systems, and files correspondence and other records
• Maintains supervisor’s schedule and make appointments and arranging meeting rooms and materials
• Greets scheduled visitors and directs to appropriate area or person
Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs support duties of related clerical positions which primarily include answering all incoming telephone calls, greeting visitors and notifying persons being visited; and responding to routine public inquiries concerning operations and procedures of government-related functions within scope of knowledge or refers to appropriate employee for response.
• All parish government employees in a declared emergency shall be considered essential personnel
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Jobholders must be legally able to work in the United States.
Education and Experience.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six (6) months to one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend moderately complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, supervisors, the general public, and other employees of the Lafourche Parish Government. Medical term terminology and Computer skills a MUST.
Mathematical Skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Must be able to type reports listening to a recorder.
Reasoning Ability. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations. Must possess a valid Driver’s License and must obtain a valid Louisiana Driver’s License within 30 days of employment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must have basic knowledge of the methods, practices, and procedures in general office administration, which also include basic abilities in the operation of personal computers, typewriters, calculators, copy machines and fax machines; general knowledge of computer work processing software (Microsoft Office preferred), business English, spelling, punctuation, and basic methods and techniques in record keeping and filing systems.
• Ability to type and posses basic skills in proper formatting of a variety of correspondence, reports, and other materials.
• Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, governmental officials, and other employees of the Lafourche Parish Government.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually not noisy.
CLICK HERE to go to Application
Bring your Resume and application to 123 Texas Street Raceland, LA 70394
OR EMAIL TO
No Phone Calls accepted
You will be contacted for interview if selected
Please do not have friends call on your behalf
Lafourche Parish Coroners Office